Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

5 Minute Friday-Job Searching

Welcome to my version of 5 Minute Friday . . .

Our lovely hostess is vacationing today and so I am picking my own topic and writing about for 5 minuets. 


The topic Finding a Job is what is on my mind . . .

Start 11:24

What's on my mind today.  First and foremost finding a job.  I have given myself a deadline of mid Aug.  because my current job will go from day hours to evening hours when school starts.  I am working for a great company but I don't like night hours.  And, I want to 'give'.  My heart is ministry.   I have my application at two different non-profits.  One for a reception job.  Another at a non-profit as a Senior program coordinator.  The posting said experience can be used in lieu of degree.  That little word degree is actually a big word!  I sent my resume to another non-profit the beginning of June.  The director called me and said she was interested but that they tend to really take their time and explained it was a very slow process.  A month later she called back and said that my application didn't 'bubble' to the top because I don't have a degree.  But she said that part of the board wanted to interview me but they have to exhaust the degreed applicants first.  Frustrating 9 years work experience doesn't seem to qualify.  I am frustrated.  I am ....
....out time!

Stop 11:29 


So that is on my mind today!  What's your mind.  There's no linky but you can still join the fun and just get whatever is on your mind 'of your chest'.

On the Journey a little down today . . .

Still working on the same Bible verse this week.  I have no idea why this verse is so hard for me. Usually by this time of the week or by Thursday I am able to type most of the verse by memory. Not this one!  Here it is again.  It is a beautiful message.

I have given them the glory that you gave me, That they may be one as we are one.
May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
John 17: 22 and 23

1 comment: