Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Warning--Hear Sunday--Use Now


It was a message of Warning to a group of young incarcerated men. Yet it was a message for me. And, I wonder is it a message for you?

As I listened to the words and scripture I began to realize that there are things in my life I need to look at.  I realized that quite possibly God was sending me a warning . . .

 
I realized that the footprints that I have been following may not necessarily be Jesus'.  That  maybe I needed to consider if my ways were acknowledging Him.  If my path was a straight as I thought.

In all your was acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. 
Proverbs 3: 5,6
If the me I was becoming because of the environment that I was in was the me that looked like Jesus.

Your attitude should be that of Christ Jesus.
Philipians 2:5
I had to ask myself was the money that I was making at a job that was draining me worth it.
I had been telling myself that even though the money wasn't great that it was consistant.  I had convinced myself because I was offered a job before my self imposed deadline that it was the job that God wanted me to have.

I had ignored the list of things that both Cowboy and I made about my job.  The hours, the kind of job, the environment.  I had told myself that God wanted me there and that I could make a difference in the lives of my co-workers that I could share my faith. 

Yet each day as I went to work I felt more and more defeated.  I listened to myself as I began to specifically pray for certain people.    I realized that each Friday as I drove home that I was praying and asking God to help me  not to think about work or the people there until I had to return on Monday.
Last week after a couple of very bad incidents I finally realized that I couldn't continue.  I raised the white flag and I raised my hands to God and I Praised Him for giving me the courage to step out in Faith and I resigned.    And I felt a Peace.  But yet I felt a sadness.  And I felt fear. 

But Sunday while hearing a message about things that can distract you from where God wants you to be I looked in the mirror and I saw that God didn't want me to be distracted from Him.  That he didn't want me to work so hard that I come home exhausted every day.  That he didn't want me frustrated and hurt. 

That he wants me to have Peace and that he is with us.  And that he will provide not only what we need financially but he will provide a job where I know He has called me.

To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in his steps.
1 Peter 2:21

And today I am seeking Him.  And I am waiting and I am looking for the steps He wants me to take. 

Are you looking for the right path.  Is there something in your life that you feel is disguising itself as something good but you know it's not.  Or maybe your not sure how God wants you to proceed. 

I would love to pray for you.  I would love to pray with you. 

Please feel free to leave me a comment or click on my email link and send me an email.  Let's step out in Faith together.

On a Journey of Faith . . .  
Linking with Here it on Sunday and Using it on Monday.  Click here to join.
 
 

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your courage is amazing--stepping out in faith like that is amazing. Blessings to you as you seek His will. :)

I'm hopping over from Graceful!

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a step of faith, and one that I myself have recently been struggling with. May God continue to give you peace and direction and clarity. He will honor your obedience. Blessings to you.

Down On The Farm said...

God desires our obedience. And He will bless your obedience. Just let God speak to you and show you where HE wants you to be and what He wants from you. You are very courageous!! Bless you!!!

Denise said...

Praying for you sis, love you.

Grateful for Grace said...

Fabulous! Trusting God in all areas is key, but we can get distracted. I'm so blessed to read your words and see your faith.

Way to go!!

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing this thought provoking post.
Blessings,
Charlotte