Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wordfilled Wednesday Filled With Words

Prayer is on my heart . . .

Each week my Cowboy and I spend a couple of days doing programming at a boys prison unit.

On Sundays we  worship with them.  Each week they have an opportunity to write down their prayer requests. 
We share the prayer requests  with a local church. 

Each week we tell the boys we will pray.  We encourage them to pray also. 

They are just learning that they can take thier pain, their suffering, their needs to God.



They need us to show them Jesus.  They need us to pray for them.   



I struggle with Prayer
 
It's not that I don't want to.  It's not that I don't know how.  Oh sometimes I don't have the words. 
 
It's just that I forget.  It's always so easy to remember those things I need.  But when it comes to praying for others.  It is hard.  It's not that I don't want to.  I just don't think about it. 
 
 

  • I think I need reminders.  Maybe a to do list.  A list of people and things I need to pray about. 

         Maybe a Prayer Journal just for listing prayer requests.  Just to use to pray for other people. 

I was wondering am I alone in this?  Do you struggle with praying for others? 

Just in case you need something to today to give you a big Smile here's a little pic I found that made me Smile. 



Praying your Journey is Filled with Smiles . . .
Things that make me Smile today . . .
Christmas
My cozy little home
A day of thrifting

What is making you smile today?

Linking with Wordfilled Wednesday.  Click Here
Linking with Jacqueline at Encourage One Another.  Click Here.
Linking with Judith at Wholehearted Home.  Clock Here.
         
  •