Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

30 Minute Meals A Cookbook Review

I've been visiting my local library alot lately and I discovered another great cookbook!



Here's an overview from Barnes and Noble . . .
Southern Living solves the constant dinner dilemma with What's for Supper. This all-inclusive book of easy and delicious alternatives to fast food is a one-stop guide to quicker meals families can simply enjoy. Contributing Editor and Southern Living Test Kitchens expert Vanessa McNeil Rocchio has provided over 150 of her favorite 30-minute recipes that are fast, simple, and full of fl avor. From kid-favorites like Grilled Chicken Tacos and Tangy Turkey Burgers to sure-to-become family favorites like Chicken ...

And what I thought?  I loved it!  I've already made a couple of the dishes.  This is definately a cookbook that I would buy! 
What I really liked were the beautiful photos and the instructions were easy to follow. 

Like  the Cumin-Crusted Pork Cutlets which I tried! 
I happened to have pork cutlets in my freezer!

Each main dish has a complementing dish which they call a Sidekick. 

The sidekick suggested with the pork cutlets was Cabbage and Apple Slaw.  It was simple and quick and yummy!

I also cooked the Pork Fried Rice.  I changed it a little using ground pork I already had cooked and waiting for a recipe!

There are 251 pages of yummy recipes just waiting for you to try!
A few of the chapters included are
Dinners in the Pantry
No Cook Suppers
Picky Eaters
Cooking for Two
Slow Cooker

This one is definately worth trying.  I noticed a few other bloggers have reviewed this cookbook also.  You can goole the title to find other reviews. 

Check it out at your library or order your copy from Amazon or
Barnes and Noble.

Happy Cooking
Sherry


Linking with

Road to 31    250 Titus 2 Tuesday
Click Here                                                      Click Here




1 comment:

MTN MAMA said...

Shery,
I love Souhern Living and have gotten the magazine for years. I will have to check this cookbook out. The sun is finally shining again in T-Town. That makes for a good day!! Have a great weekend!
MM