Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday Quilt Work in Progress

Joining Lee at Freshly Pieced to share my Works In Progress . . .

First something new I started for the Rainbow Scrap Challlenge

The Rainbow Scrap challenges use monthly to take a certain color from our scraps and empty out that scrap basket. 
This one I just randomly cut up some blues in random size rectangles.  And sewed them togeter in stripes.

This shot shows it going vertically across my king bed.  It covers the top.  The white rows are actually another finished quilt that it is laying on.  The red is the sheet on the bed.  When it is complete you'll just see the random spaced rectangles with a surprise row about where you see the red. 

And I have been working on a UFO project . . .



This one is truly a UFO I found the blocks among some baby quilt kits.  This quilt was started an intended for a craft sale to benefit our ministry.  The blocks were mostly complete.  But I didn't find all of them so I am ripping out some of the border blocks and using the backs of them so that I don't have to add very much different fabric.  I had to do the same to the tree to complete it.  Orignally the blocks were backed with the same fabric.  I know have backed them with muslin. 

I have one more row across the bottom with tree trunk and then a couple of  rows of beige and red to border the whole tree. 

Thanks for visiting my Work In Progress Day.  I hope your enjoying your week.

3 comments:

Renee said...

I love the scappy blue! It is turning into a really nice quilt.

Jenny said...

I love your work! I have a bunch of fabric to attempt this with.

Sadly, I just never make myself start it!

Denise said...

Awesome works.