Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Do You Eat A Helathy Lunch?

probably about the only food i cannot say no to...cream cheese and crackers~i'll eat it up! Sadly my lunch wasn't healthy.  I mean hello cream cheese and crackers.  Seriously!  it wasn't this pretty either.  All pics found on Pinterest.

Do you find yourself realizing it is 12:39 and you haven't eaten yet today.  And your stomach is growling and you need food?
Crackers w/ cream cheese And you don't have something like this all prepared for you.   Because you stay at home?  Because that aren't any kids or husband around so you just grab something  quick and easy.

I guess if I thought ahead I could do something like this.  Have little lunchs ready for myself so I could take just a few minutes revive myself and then get back to what I really want or need to do.

cherry tomato, olive, cream cheese and crackers----only because I like ladybugs, not because I lilke tomatos.

   My lunch today wasn't even cute!  No tomatos.  No olives which I wouldn't eat anyway.  Although Pioneer Woman has encouraged me check out her enchilada recipe.  I tried it the other night best enchilada's I've ever eaten.  And with diced black olives . . . sorry chasing a rabbit trail....

So, I am wondering do you eat a healthy lunch?  Just kind of wanting some ideas from you. 

So, leave me a comment. Share with me your healthy lunch ideas.
Or even your lunch is not so healthy.  Maybe we can all stand together and help each other out and encourage each other. 

I am putting the little lady bugs on the sidebar with a link back here for you to comment.  Or just make a comment on any post. 
I would love it if you posted.  I'll link up to you!

So if you haven't eaten today.  What are you going to eat?

Still lookin for Chicken Pot Pie Recipes.  Click Here to read the post. 
Linking with I would love to have you join me for my link party, Share Your Cup! click here.

Sherry
and btw...I didn't even like the crackers.  Not a fan of albertsons store brand saltines. Have you tried Krogers?  Taste just like Premium saltines used to.  Just sayin'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you for visiting and stopping by over my blog.

Denise said...

Wraps made with whole wheat tortillas, containing either lean cold cuts or lowfat cream cheese topped with veggie slices. Even the classic PB and J (peanut butter & jelly) is healthier in a wheat wrap.
Single portion-sized cups of unsweetened apple sauce or fruit without added sugar.
Trail mix made with cereals, nuts, pretzels, dried fruit or raisins, and a few chocolate morsels.
Low fat cheese spread on whole wheat crackers.
Individual serving-sized packages of low fat yogurt, cottage cheese, or yogurt smoothies.
Baby carrots, celery sticks, or apple slices with dips made from yogurt or low fat sour cream.
Mini-burritos made with rice and black beans or refried beans in a tortilla with tomato salsa. These can be heated or eaten cold.
Baked chips or pretzels are a better choice than high-fat potato chips or cheese snacks.
Drinks made from water with a splash of cranberry, peach, grape, or other fruit juice are healthier than sodas.
Whole grain bagels topped with cream cheese-vegetable spread.
Air-popped popcorn flavored with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Low fat cheese cubes and seedless grapes make a delicious side dish for sandwiches or wraps.
Cold strips of grilled chicken with honey mustard dip.
Dried cranberries or cherries
Quesadilla slices made with cheese and chicken or vegetables.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Some days I do pretty good, others not so much. I am not a big sandwich person so I often eat leftovers from last nights dinner. In the summer I love garden tomatoes and cottage cheese. Try to have fresh fruit cleaned and ready for grabbing in the fridge. That seems to help. Thimbles, Bobbins, and thread posted a yummy looking pot pie a while back. I posted it on my Pinterest under "What's for Dinner". Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann