Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tips on Tuesday--The Christmas Book Edition

I know a lot of you are just not ready for Christmas!  

Things like getting Back to School,  Fall Festivals, Pumpkins
and then Thanksgiving have your attention.  Actually I can't wait for all these fun events! 

Back to school is just around the corner and so I was thinking about books.  

Today my tips are all about Books!

This idea I can't wait to start . . .

I have wanted to do this for years.  The idea is you buy 24 Christmas story books, wrap them and let your child open one each day until Christmas!  I figure if I really want to do it this year I need to start looking for great books!
I loved this idea for displaying the wrapped books!
 
 

I love this idea!  I have just the place for a book tree this year. 
I would love to do one in my classroom
 
                                             Source
Another favorite.  I would love to do this with my class.  What a cute photo shoot idea!  

And here's a different way to wrap books! 
Make some easy Christmas Bags to put those gift books in. I think they would be a great re-useable hit.
 My class would love these little bags!  Don't you just love the polka dots and stripes!

This one was another really cute idea . . .

Instead of chocolate wrap up all your christmas books and films then let your kids open one each night during advent. Such a fun tradition which the whole family will LOVE!
Instead of buying new books just wrap the ones you have!

The little fabric tree is so cute.  Brings back memories for me. My mother used to make these! 

And one more tree this ones a little different!
Could do this with the wrapped christmas book countdown...
I really can't decide which one I like best. Maybe I'll have to do both!

This is another one that is similar to something my mother used to do . . .

Creative "Try"als: Book Tree Tutorial - Is it too early for Christmas? - I could see this being made with colourful wrapping paper as well.
This idea is really cute. Mother use to make trees from magazines. Back in the day they really had lots of pages and made great trees. She spray painted them.

So do you have any cool ideas for Christmas?  Join me and
link up at Count Down To Christmas.  Click Here. 

This post is linked with . . .
Jess at Strangers and Pilgrims for The Art of Homaking.  Click Here.
Brenda at Cozy Little Cottage for Tweak It Tuesday.  Click Here.



8 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

LOVE all these ideas but the Book Tree in the Book store, I believe, is amazing!!!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Michelle said...

I like the idea of reading a book a day, for 24 days, til Christmas.
My boys are too old for that now. But maybe when we have Grandchildren.

Linda Stoll said...

Love that first book tree ... shades of green, simple and understated ...

But Christmas? You're so motivated! I'm still trying to figure out summer birthdays!

;-}

bj said...

Cute ideas here...I love the trees made with book pages...

SarahBeth said...

That book countdown is a great idea! Much better than candy or little trinkets, and something that can be kept for years! Cute set up too -- I love it!
The trees made from magazines is a fun idea also -- I remember when everyone was spray painting them!

SarahBeth said...

That book countdown is a great idea! Much better than candy or little trinkets, and something that can be kept for years! Cute set up too -- I love it!
The trees made from magazines is a fun idea also -- I remember when everyone was spray painting them!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I'm thinking of Christmas, too.

Patty Sumner said...

What cute ideas.. I love the snowman...I have enjoyed visiting with you today.. following along with you.. I would have to say, I have not thought much about Christmas until now... I think I am already behind...lol Have a great day! Blessings!