Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I Can't Grow A Bean

"I can't grown a bean."  Strange words for a mother to hear from her son that grows Blue Ribbon Tomatoes.
  
 I couldn't imagine why he was having trouble with beans.  He has given me tons of gardening advice.


Like how to get your 9 year old to help in the garden . . .


And how to line your boots up in a row . . .

And I thought well hmm.  I need to help him out.   Maybe, just maybe I can find some help over at Jami's.  Jami hosts a fabulous Garden Party every week.   Maybe one of her party goers can give some advice!

So here's his delima.  His plants get to a few inches tall and then those rascally rabbits eat them up!

Now his solution wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear so I am calling out for Help.

Here's a hint of what he intended for the poor little rabbits!



If anyone has a solution please let me know!



The younger garden and turkey hunter is a budding photographer  also . . .




Linking with Jami for the Tuesday Garden Party.  Click Here.

8 comments:

daisy g said...

Wow, those tomatoes are something! Beautiful variety! I'd love for you to share this outdoor post on The Maple Hill Hop! You can find us here: http://mymaplehillfarm.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-maple-hill-hop-80.html.

Fence those bunnies out!

Linda Kay said...

I'm with Daisy...a fence is the only solution I know of. Or maybe make an elevated garden. Some of those are really great, and you don't have to stoop over!

Gentle Joy said...

Fun post... I am testing some homemade "rabbit repellant" using cayenne pepper, black pepper and bone meal.... I hope it will work as those rabbits sure like my beans also. I have heard that fences are the best to keep rabbits out, but I don't have one either. I hope you figure out a way to deal with them... :)

bj said...

Lovely tomatoes...and pesky rabbits..son had to fence his garden...
Make some of the freezer jam (no cook..sooo easy). It tastes NOTHING like the Strawberry preserves you buy in the store...this is like fresh strawberries every jar you open....you'll love it since you like strawberries.

Ida said...

Oh I do hope the bunnies don't meet the fate of the turkeys.

Christina Morley said...

What a cute post! I hope you find a solution for beans and rabbits that allows both to survive. ;) Thanks for linking on Amanda's Books and More!

Unknown said...

I don't know if this will work but it is a cheap fix to try. Several years ago the chipmunks were getting in my flower pots and destroying my flowers. Someone told me to get some moth balls at the dollar store and put them in the pots. It worked like a charm. Maybe this would work too if you scattered a few between the bean rows. Worth a try. Good Luck !!!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Wow those are some great looking tomatoes. It's all I grow as a vegetable since my garden gets very little sun. A fence, can't think of anything else? The rabbits and squirrels are my garden enemy even if their cute. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you liked my gardens!