Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

No One Asked Me To Do It . . .

                                                                      
I went to the library the other day. It's been quite awhile since I've gotten to read. And I decided it was time. Last week I had a week of vacation and I wanted to spend it with my feet up reading a good book. I've enjoyed a few good books in the last few days.

 I am a fan of suspense. I am a fan of modern/contemporary romance with some intrique thrown in. I love to try and figure our the 'who dun it's'.

 But I also love a sweet plain 'ole sappy romance. Especially one that has a message. And so, I picked this one up . . .
Rachel Hauck
How to Catch a Prince . . . I mean seriously who doesn't one!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  It was fun.  It was sweet.  Toward the end when it all came together I just smiled.  But before that I was brought to tears when Corina our heroine received a special gift from her mother.

The takes place in the modern day fictional country of Brighton.  I even loved the name.  I want to live there. Corina and 'her' Prince fight for their love as they go through struggle that seem to be stronger.

Here's the synopsis from the back cover . . .
American heiress Corina Del Rey caught her prince once. But the tragedy of war kept her too long in a fog of grief. Now she’s shifting her life forward, reigniting her career as a journalist. Still, nothing can relieve her of the secret and the love she carries in her soul.
Prince Stephen of Brighton is one of the world’s most eligible bachelors and a star rugby player, trying to make sense of his life. His days in Afghanistan with the Royal Air Command will mark him forever. And he can’t shake their dark shadow.But when his brother, King Nathaniel, confronts him with a document the prince thought long buried and forgotten, Stephen is forced to face the pain of his past and the love he left behind.With a little heavenly help, Prince Stephen and Corina embark on a journey of truth. But when the secrets are revealed, can they overcome, move forward, and find love again
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  Some days you just want to read some that makes you smile.  This one will.
I was not asked to review this book.  I just thought you might enjoy reading it. 
                                                       Happy Trails
                                                  Fedora im Mohn.                                           So lovely.............

5 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

I have caught my Prince or did he catch me. Hmmmm....
Nice review.
Love the horse in the Poppies
MB

Molly the Airedale said...

This sounds like a great book and we love the horse grazing among the beautiful poppies!

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a great book, thanks for the review. Have a happy Tuesday!

Linda Kay said...

Great review and a delightful picture as well.

Cranberry Morning said...

Nice review of the book and unsolicited! Love that amazing horse photo. How beautiful!!