Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Fall Mantle

The Cottage mantle is all ready for Fall  
The Welcome sign is out.  Come on in . . . 

T:
The fun Welcome sign was a thrifted treasure. I paid a whole .99 at a local resale shop.  
It's hand made and I am sure someone put in a lot of effort.  It needed a a good home! It fit right in.

T:
I wanted a shot to remember the flowers.  My sister gave them to me a few weeks ago.  They've lasted since September 16.  She was in town for our mothers birthday.  I cooked dinner for everyone and she graciously brought me this lovely bouquet.
T:
Isn't the sign fun?  My sweet DIL made it.  She sent it along with 'dress up' photos.  I'll show them soon. 
T:
Another shot with the almost spent flowers.  The leaf garland I paid too much for it at Big Lots a few years ago.  Before the days of Dollar Tree.  The crochet is actually a tunic I wear.  Well not for a while
I love the added texture and all smished and smushed up who would have known. 
T:
One more shot showing my 'dumpster candle sticks' and yes BJ these were actually in the dumpster not beside it!  They were brown with some sad other colors of paint.  I left them that way for awhile and then assigned The Cowboy the job of painting them silver.  
The tall vase was a wedding present to my daughter from a dear friend.  She regifted it to me.  It was originally a very pretty blue.  But I love it silver.  She is clueless it was originally hers. 
T:
I moved things around a little to get a good shot of the bird feeder (I think). Love it.  Not a dumpster dive but almost a neighbor was moving out of state and she gave me a bunch of stuff she no longer needed and didn't want to ship.  Poor little thing has been sitting in my garage.  It's kind of tall.  I originally tried it on the kitchen sink but it was too tall.  It fits the mantle perfectly. 

And one more shot.  I've never shared about the mirror . . . 
T:
Gifted (under duress) from my MIL she was in the antique biz for a few years.  She bought it at an auction.  I begged for it forever and she finally gave it to me.  I also begged for every mantle she had.  She never found the need to let me have one
The Cowboy ended up buying this one last year for my bday.   I took the day off from work to go and pick it up with him.  It was a steal at $35.00.  I don't really think its old but it doesn't matter to me.

                         In any season.  I love my mantle.  
           Wait till you see what she looks like at Christmas!



3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

It looks beautiful! We love everything autumn☺

Linda Kay said...

Very nice job on the mantle, my friend. I need to take another look at my mantle and see what I might add to make it seasonal.

joyh82 said...

I love your mantel and that sign is so cute! Fits fall perfectly.