Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Better Late Than Never . . .

For Today/Tonight... 
I spent the day with an old friend.  I had a great day driving her and a brand new 5 day old foster baby for a family visit. 
She hired me to 'help' with the children while she organized and made the home tidy. 
I offered to come and clean.  
We agreed that I'll come once a week and clean her house. 
While I was with her today she was texting a friend offered me a job cleaning her house.

Outside my window...
Beautiful bright sunshine.  
It was actually in the 80's today

I am thinking...
God is good.  He put me with me friend to help her today.

I am thankful...
That God provides.  We just need to be patient. And open. 

I am wearing...
It's the evening.
Athletic pants a tank top and an apron. 
Dinner dishes soaking.  I need to load the dishwasher


I am creating...
Always a quilt block to work on. 
But nothing specific except a project for a Swap.  Can't tell. HeHe.


I am going...
On three job interviews this week.


I am wondering...
What job God has planned for me


I am reading...
Back in the Saddle by Ruth Logan Herne
I love anything related to horses, Cowboys and ranching.  I'm really enjoying this book.

I am hoping...
I am able to be patient and listen to God and take the right job.

I am learning...
Patience and understanding


In my garden...
Plant mosaic 2:
Click here for the post.
In my kitchen...
Mardi Gras recipe: crawfish cornbread - CSMonitor.com:
Made this recipe for Crawfish Cornbread tonight.  It was really yummy. 
I cut the recipe in half and baked in a square brownie pan. 

In the homeschool room...
My grandson is homeschooled.  We're using the garden as a project for him.  He'll be charting and graphing the plant growth.  He planted seeds last week and learned about
Horizontal and Vertical.  We are planting a vertical garden. 
I explained the difference by using the example of his "Pa" lays on the couch taking a nap that is horizontal.  

A favorite quote for today...
'When it rains look for rainbows, when its dark look for stars.' Keep holding on, look for the positives in life even when its raining inside your mind ♡ inspiring quotes just for you:

A peek into one of my days...
Lately I've been able to spend time at home.  Getting my house back in order and clean.
And spending time organizing my sewing space and sewing a few quilt blocks. 
When I'm not working I'm sewing or reading. 

One of my favorite things...
Hot tubs

From the board room...
Taza Chocolate Porter Cake
Must have cake.  Chocolate!
BTW I have these exact plates from Pier One!

Post Script
Check out my Book Review page I've featured some great novels and cook books!

Linking today/tonight with The Simple Women's Daybook




2 comments:

Denise said...

I love hot tubs.

Pat said...

I thought I was the only one who still wore aprons. I am reading that same book for a book review, so far so good. Enjoyed my visit.