Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2016

When Friday Leads To Saturday

On an occasional Friday night you might find me over at 
Amanda Jean's blog for Finish It Friday.  (click here

I enjoy a peaceful evening with a glass of wine sitting at my computer and getting inspiration from the usual over 100 links displaying gorgeous quilts.  

This morning I was inspired to gather a few fabrics together  and join some of the Pink Saturday Parties . . . 
T:        T:
My goal was to take these more modern themes and combine with more traditional and vintage fabrics . . . 

Each block is different. I tried not to use the same fabric twice. 
But I am sure eventually I will.  
T:
                        Some fabrics are barely pink 

I sewed up a few blocks . . . 
Pink Quilt blocks:

Here is one  of the fabrics I pulled out and couldn't talk myself into cutting up . . .
                            
I just can't seem to cut this fabric!  Silly I know.   Maybe someday.

T:

T:
I sewed a few more blocks and then I remembered about the monthly challenge over at So Scrappy and decided to step out of my comfort zone . . . 
T:
The challenge was to combine pink and lime green.  Still a work in progress.  We'll see how this one turns out!

This is another one of those projects that I am clueless what I'll do with it.  

There's always the option of a gift, a charity quilt or even maybe letting my mom sell at a craft sale.  

I'm still in a Pink mood so back to the sewing machine for me! 

                       Enjoy your weekend!

Linking with  Scrap Happy Pink Saturday , Pink Saturday , Finished or Not

No comments: