Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Happy Homemaker in Texas

Welcome to a look at how I spend my week and a few plans. 
Each Monday I join Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday.
She provides the prompts I add a few of my own. 


The weather
A few warmer days but it's still winter!

Sat
Clear with periodic clouds
44°
29°
Sun
Sunny
54°
36°
Mon
Scattered Showers
57°
23°
Tue
Partly Cloudy
31°
18°
Wed
Mostly Sunny
34°
26°
Thu
Rain and Snow
37°
31°
Fri
Partly Cloudy
53°
43°
Sat
Partly Cloudy
65°
47°

Right Now I  Am
Taking a few minutes to just chill.  Actually my head is spinning. 
A ton to do.  
The Cowboy is going on Social Security and working less.  That's a huge lifestyle change.
Planning a spring wedding. 
My mother is in hospital.  

On my reading pile
My calendar for My Reading Journeys my book review blog is full.  I have Cozy Mysteries, Contemporary Romances, Suspense and Thrillers. 
A busy couple of weeks for me.  Here's a few . . .
A thriller

A nice cozy read set in Deep in the Heart of Texas.
I was offered book 2 for a review and got book 1 as part of the deal.  Finished and waiting to post my 5 star review.  It's a little steamy but a great story. Can't wait to read book 1.  

Visit my book review blog to read my reviews.  Click here

On The Menu
Monday- Hamburgers, Cole Slaw(left over from Sunday) Pinto's from freezer
Tuesday - Quinia, Chicken/Kale Ravioli, Ceasar Salad, Bread 
and some leftover spaghetti in case the Cowboy can't choke down the Ravioli
Wednesday -Clam Chowder, Homemade Sub Sandwiches
Thursday -  Roast w/Potatoes and Carrots, Green Beans
Friday -  Coconut Shrimp, Rice Pilaf, oven Roasted Veggies

And last weeks menu- Was a complete bust.  My mother is in the hospital.  I/we ate out every night!

In the kitchen
 Two week's worth of creative dinner ideas for when you're stuck in a dinner rut! via @Ally's Cooking
I feel like I cook the same thing over and over.  Maybe it would be fun to try something different.  Click here to visit this post. 

In the garden
 I've been struggling with how to do everything I want in the veggie garden.  With a very small budget.  Very little time.  And even less energy I have been struggling with what to do.  And 10'x10'
of pea gravel to remove.  I've already removed about that much.
I have a great plot edged in landscape timbers.  The problem is even though I've removed that gravel it is extremely hard to get it all out.  So I can't use a tiller. 
 I saw this on pinterest and I think I have found a solution to my problems!
Lasagna gardening -- sometimes called sheet mulching -- is an easy method for building a vegetable garden bed with little work. Here's how to try it on your homestead.
This is a cool way to prepare your plot for planting.  The post has great detail.  Click here

On the to do list
 I already mentioned my list because it is what I am thinking about. 
- Get mothers house ready for her to return after being in hospital
- Finish putting away Christmas.  I got derailed last week with mothers hospital stay.  I am moving where Christmas goes so besides taking it all down I am moving things around in the garage.
- Wedding dress shopping and plans on my list for the next few months.

In the craft basket
Besides the crochet I want to start we will be working on things for the wedding. 
The bride has requested quilts to cover the hay bales so I'll be finishing up some tops I have had put away. 


Features From The Fabulous Party
How to Find Time for Side Projects and DIYs

This was a great post with great tips.  Go over and read the post
and tell Ash and Eileen I sent you. Click here

Come over and visit the Fabulous Party 

 Click here
Take a look at this fun football kickoff party, including classic football fare. Don't miss the DIY chili toppings bar, hummus platter, Berger cookies, cornbread squares, and the craft beer bar.
I love it when archived posts are shared!  Leslie shared this fun post!  Go over and check out her blog.  Here's the link to the 
Chili & Beer party.  

From the camera
A sneak peek of my Wordless Wednesday post . . . 



Devo./ Scripture
“Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” One Way I see Gods character in my love

Linking with Happy Homemaker Monday and a few of my other favorites see below this post for the parties.

No comments: